(Originally published 1/03/2015 at Man From Atlan ~ Spiritual Answers For The New Age, even more relevant now).
There is an undercurrent of spirituality which is part of a country’s ethos. It isn’t religion vs. materialism, it’s the choice we all face in balancing karma vs spiritualism.
I’m going to remind people of a blog I wrote three years ago, October 02, 2011 The Rape Of Europa which is now coming to completion. There, I referred to Vladimir Putin, who said the breakup of the Soviet Union was the greatest natural disaster it had ever faced. I’ve been watching him for a very long time.. and compelled to write about Russia now as it faces ongoing financial warfare to try to defeat it through economic means what the West cannot do militarily. Europe is foolishly, caught in the middle.
1990 was a very significant year for me. I quit my job to start a full time practice of healing medicine. I had my reincarnation love story Man From Atlan published, and, as promised, it’s available for free on my website Man From Atlan . I was offered a chance to open a breakthrough clinical center in Croatia to continue my research into the causes of autism but declined because I saw this happening:
Breakup of Yugoslavia
“During 1990, Communists lost the power to nationalist parties on first multi-party elections held across the country, except in Serbia and Montenegro, where they were won by Milošević and his allies. Nationalist rhetoric on all sides became increasingly heated. In 1991, one by one republics proclaimed independence (only Serbia and Montenegro remained federated), but the status of Serb minorities outside Serbia was left unsolved. After a string of inter-ethnic incidents, the Yugoslav Wars ensued, first in Croatia then Bosnia.” (Wikipedia)
Then I went to a medical conference in Spain in early 1991 where I met:
a Georgian healer of Assyrian descent who was the personal healer of Russian presidents Leonid Brezhnev and Yuri Andropov. She invited me to visit her in Moscow in August 1991 which I declined as well:
Dissolution of the Soviet Union
“On 18 August 1991, a coup against Gorbachev was launched by the government members opposed to perestroika. Gorbachev was held in Crimea while BorisYeltsin raced to the White House of Russia (residence of the Supreme Soviet of the RSFSR) in Moscow to defy the coup, making a memorable speech from atop the turret of a tank onto which he had climbed. The White House was surrounded by the military but the troops defected in the face of mass popular demonstrations. By 21 August most of the coup leaders had fled Moscow and Gorbachev was “rescued” from Crimea and then returned to Moscow. Yeltsin was subsequently hailed by his supporters around the world for rallying mass opposition to the coup.” (Wikipedia)
I went to the US instead because it was important; also knowing it would still depend on Americans to change. (Hasn’t happened yet) And I kept an eye on Russia, and what it went through since then. Putin helped bring back Russian pride, in spite of all the institutional obstacles that prevent real reform. His horoscope is quite interesting.
Last year was immensely sad. the break up of Ukraine and civil war, downing of Malaysian flight MH17 (I do not believe those who blame Russia, see Malaysian Flight MH17 investigation ) and sanctions and attempts to weaken the country again. It won’t work, sorry. Here’s a video which explains how Russia will survive:
The interview with Deputy PM Dmitri Rogozin eased concerns about the direction Russia is taking. Resolving financing issues, becoming fully independent of Western technology, dual development of civilian and defense industry, creating a pool of young researchers and engineers to take over from the previous generation; all that was covered.
The host Vladimir Soloviev was a treat as well, asking the kind of intelligent questions we are not used to on our television networks.
Yes, the military industrial complex can be an engine for renewed economic and industrial growth for Russia, just as it and the space program was an engine for America’s.
As Soloviev pointed out, even the US program was based on the accomplishments of German scientists and Russian rocket engine design. Good to see the Russian character is quite capable of coming together in defense of the homeland.
In the US, it appears the opposite. How many young people are now motivated by positive feelings for their country? Quite the opposite, it seems.
“When the most wicked member of a tribe becomes its ruler, and the most worthless member of a community becomes its leader, and a man is respected through fear of the evil he may do, and leadership is given to people who are unworthy of it, expect the Day of Judgment.” Islamic Eschatology
This commentary by Russian nationalist philosopher Aleksandr Dugin is also informative:
Letter to the American People on Ukraine
by Aleksandr Dugin
“In this difficult hour of serious trouble on our Western borders, I would like to address the American people in order to help you understand better the positions of our Russian patriots which are shared by the majority of our society.
Difference Between the two Meanings of Being American (In the Russian View)
1. We distinguish between two different things: the American people and the American political elite. We sincerely love the first and we profoundly hate the second.
2. The American people has its own traditions, habits, values, ideals, options and beliefs that are their own. These grant to everybody the right to be different, to choose freely, to be what one wants to be and can be or become. It is wonderful feature. It gives strength and pride, self-esteem and assurance. We Russians admire that.
3. But the American political elite, above all on an international level, are and act quite contrary to these values. They insist on conformity and regard the American way of life as something universal and obligatory. They deny other people the right to difference, they impose on everybody the standards of so called “democracy”, “liberalism”, “human rights” and so on that have in many cases nothing to do with the set of values shared by the non-Western or simply not North-American society. It is an obvious contradiction with inner ideals and standards of America. Nationally the right to difference is assured, internationally it is denied. So we think that something is wrong with the American political elite and their double standards. Where habits became the norms and contradictions are taken for logic. We cannot understand it, nor can we accept it: it seems that the American political elite is not American at all.
4. So here is the contradiction: the American people are essentially good, but the American elite is essentially bad. What we feel regarding the American elite should not be applied to the American people and vise versa.
5. Because of this paradox it is not so easy for a Russian to express correctly his attitude towards the USA. We can say we love it, we can say we hate it – because both are true. But it is not easy to always express this distinction clearly. It creates many misunderstandings. But if you want to know what Russians really think about the USA you should always keep in mind this remark. It is easy to manipulate this semantic duality and interpret anti-Americanism of Russians in an improper sense. But with these clarifications in mind all that you hear from us will be much better understood.”.